Shopping online at YourFilters.com is extremely Safe. When you submit sensitive information via the website, we protect your information with the highest standard of encryption technology available on the internet. When we request sensitive information (such as credit card, name, address, etc) on our registration/order form, that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry - SSL. When you're on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to unlocked, or open, when you are just "surfing". While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect your information off-line. All of our users' information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is protected.
How You Can Tell You're Browsing a Secure Website
In order to be sure that information transferred between your browser and the YourFilters server is secure, it is important to be aware of the security information available to you through your browser.
Once you enter the Checkout process (when you're ready to purchase the items you have put into your shopping cart), your connection to our server becomes secure. To confirm this, look at the bottom part of your browser window. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending upon your browser) you can be sure that your information is secure.
You can also ensure security by checking the URL line of your browser. When you enter the secure area of our site, the first characters of the site address will change from "http" to "https."
Example of a "closed lock" symbol in an Internet Explorer Browser:
Example of a "closed lock" symbol in a Netscape Communicator Browser:
Example of a secure URL in an Internet Explorer Browser:
Example of a secure URL in a Netscape Communicator Browser:
Top 10 Online Smart Shopping Tips
Visit the Direct Marketing Association's Top 10 Online Smart Shopping Tips for safety tips and precautions to take when shopping online. The DMA Consumer Assistance Web site also offers consumer protection information of shopping online, by phone or by mail.
YourFilters.com has developed an on-line commerce environment that is safe, easy and respectful of our customers.
Email addresses and all other personal information will NOT be sold or disclosed to any other parties — ever.
This site recognizes the IP addresses of visitors, but not their email addresses. Individually identifiable addresses are not captured or stored unless they are provided. Persons who communicate with YourFilters.com supply us with an email address, may receive future communications by email or telephone. Persons who do not wish to receive email messages may contact YourFilters.com and ask to be removed. As such, YourFilters.com supports a customer's right to "opt out".
How We Use Your Personal Information
YourFilters.com has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the YourFilters.com website.
- We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. Your IP address is used to help identify you and your shopping cart and to gather broad demographic information.
- Our site's registration form requires users to give us contact information (like name and email address). We use customer contact information from the registration form to send the user information about our company. The customer's contact information is also used to contact the visitor when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below.
- Our site uses an order form for customers to request information, products, and services. We collect visitors' contact information (like email addresses and credit card numbers). The customer's contact information is used to get in touch with the visitor when necessary. Users may choose to "opt-in" or "opt-out" of receiving future mailings; see the opt-in/opt-out section below. Financial information that is collected is used to bill the customer for products and services.
- Our online surveys may ask visitors for contact information (like email addresses) and demographic information (like zip code, age, or income level). We use contact data from our surveys to send the user information about our company. The customer's contact information is also used to contact the visitor when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the YourFilters.com Mailing Lists Opt-in/Opt-out section below. Demographic and profile data are also collected at our site. We use this data to tailor our visitor's experience at our site, showing them content that they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences.
YourFilters.com Mailing List Opt-in/Opt-Out
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-in or opt-out of receiving communications from us. Generally, you are presented with a choice of opting in or opting out either during your online account setup or checkout process. You may also opt-in or opt-out at any time by sending an email to Info@YourFilters.com with a subject line: OPT OUT.
Making Corrections and Updates to Your YourFilters.com Account Information
This site gives users the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided.
- Update your information in My Account.
- Call one of our Customer Service Representatives toll free at (866) 363-4868.
- Send us an e-mail.