How do I know I need a water filter?
Your public water authority does the best it can to ensure that your water is free of disease causing pathogens and sediment. However, it cannot ensure that your water is free of sediment after passing through the series of distribution lines to reach your home. Virtually all private well water supplies contain sediment. Therefore, a dirt/rust filter is advisable on the incoming water line. A filter can protect washers and seals from premature wear, it can prevent aerators and valves from plugging and keep your hot water heater from collecting excessive sediment.
How do I know what size filter to use?
For a home with 1-2 bathrooms, a dirt/rust filter that holds a cartridge, such as the AP101T or AP11T, is appropriate. A home that has 3-4 bathrooms will probably require a two cartridge dirt/rust filter such as the AP102T or the AP12T. If the incoming line size is one inch then the AP801 is recommended. You can find the replacement filters mentioned above in the Water Filter section of our web site.
How often should a dirt/rust filter cartridge be changed?
Dirt/rust cartridges should be changed when a drop in water pressure is noticed, or every three to four months, whichever comes first.
How often should a taste/odor filter cartridge be changed?
Taste/odor cartridges should be changed when the off taste or odor returns, when a drop in water pressure (from dirt/rust/etc) is noticed, or every three to four months, whichever comes first.
Water facts and Figures:
*1999, Water Quality Association Survey
- Over 70% of US homes have moderately hard to extremely hard water and would benefit from using a softener.*
- Over 41% of US residents use some type of water filtration or treatment system.*
- Nationally, 86% of Americans expressed doubts over tap water quality.*
- 66% raised concerns about the smell and taste of their water.
- 51% had concerns about health-related contaminants
- Filtered water is more convenient than bottled water.
- Aqua-Pure offers professional quality drinking water systems that are certified to remove sediment, chlorine odors, lead, cyst, MTBE and over 40 volatile organic chemicals (VOCs) all at a cost up to 90% less than bottled water. We feature Aqua-Pure replacement filters exclusively in the water filter section of our web site.
About the Aqua-Pure filters by CUNO we offer:
CUNO's research into water filtration is an ongoing process that has resulted in a number of unique design patents. Aqua-Pure utilizes the latest technologies to combat water contamination problems. Most of the Aqua-Pure Filter Systems are subjected to a rigorous testing and certification process by NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) or WQA (Water Quality Association), which are both independent product testing laboratories.
Clearly great water:
Premium performance Aqua-Pure water filter systems feature...
- Higher particle removal efficiency
- Longer life sediment filtration
- Specially formulated, high adsorption activated carbon
- Pressure tested, high impact filter housings
- Unsurpassed filtration design and performance
Aqua-Pure Dirt and rust cartridges are made from an exclusive process using pure white cellulose fibers. As water enters the filter, it is forced through filter pores that become increasingly smaller to remove even microscopic particles of dirt, rust and sediment. This unique process offers unsurpassed filtration performance.
High Adsorption Activated Carbon Cartridges: After passing through a graded-density pre-filter, the water enters a deep bed of specially formulated activated carbon. In this stage the water comes into contact with hundreds of thousands of activated sites which effectively reduce unwanted chlorine taste and odors.
Aqua-Pure Scale Stopper Cartridges utilize two important mechanisms to inhibit scale and corrosion: one that prevents scale from forming, and one that treats the surface of the piping to prevent the negative effects of hard water scaling or corrosive water. In addition, Aqua-Pure Scale and Corrosion cartridges incorporate a graded-density pre-filter for premium performance dirt/rust removal and long life.
Aqua-Pure Graded Density filters last as long as five comparable pleated filters and as long as four string wound cartridges.